Monday, April 5, 2010

Chicken in My Lap

Dear Friends, Greetings!! I finally made it out to Young Africa today and met your 2 Moms!  They looked very professional and happy. One is doing very well and one is struggling a bit but will continue and carry on. I think she can’t read and has some coordination issues. I got nice photos which Peter will put on the web at work tomorrow.

They are doing great, the teacher is lovely, and the classroom nice. They are very grateful and send thanks. It is changing their lives. Young Africa has 1000 students now.

After the visit, Sister Augusta wanted to go on down the road to see someone in a village. So we stood by the side of the road, sweating for an hour, finally packed into a bus and reached a small village. After the visit, packed into another bus, chicken in my lap and got back to Beira.

Will get those photos to you ASAP.

Hope you are all fine! Sending many greetings and lots of thanks!  Emily

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily, it's Emma Hornsby! It's great to know you're currently in Mozambique as I am actually heading out there with my dad in August! We're planning to go to Ilha de Mocambique, but are having some problems booking flights into Nampula as we'll be coming from Nairobi. (I will be spending about three and a half weeks in Kenya and then my Dad is coming out to visit and we're doing the coast of tanzania and kenya, but starting off with a few days in northern mozambique.) I was wondering if you have any advice booking flights or even our hotel as none of our email enquiries seem to be getting through to anyone in Mozambique.
    My email is eghornsby25@gmail.com if you have a moment!
    thanks so much!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete